Shorter works have appeared in publications including Communities Magazine, Commonplace, Early American Literature, New England Quarterly, Legacy, Communal Societies, Utopian Studies, The Cambridge History of Religions in America, The Cultural Encyclopedia of Vegetarianism and A Mighty Baptism: Race, Gender, and the Creation of American Protestantism.
Selective recent works on American women, related to Engaging Italy:
- Ambasciatrice, Activist, Auntie, Author: Caroline Crane Marsh New York Public Library, Short Term Research Fellows. December 19, 2018.
- Travels, Translations and Limitations: Ambasciatrice Caroline Crane Marsh Transatlantica: American Studies Journal. 2018.1
- “Caroline Crane Marsh (1816-1901).” The Bluestocking Bulletin. June-July 2019.
- Nineteenth-Century News from Rome
- “Anne Hampton Brewster.” The Bluestocking Bulletin. June-July 2017.
- “Anne Hampton Brewster’s St. Martin’s Summer and Utopian Literary Discourses.” in Utopian Studies 28.2 (2017).
- “American Anne Hampton Brewster’s Social Circles: Bagni di Lucca, 1873, and Roman Rodolfo Lanciani.” in Questioni di Genere: Femminilità e Effeminatezza nella Cultura Vitoriana. Ed. Roberta Ferrari e Laura Giovannelli. (Bononia UP 2016).
Recent articles and reviews on utopian literature and intentional communities:
- “Future Visions at Villaggio Verde.” Communities Magazine #185. Winter 2019.
- Review of Timothy Miller’s Communes in America, 1975-2000. (Syracuse UP 2019) in Religion, State and Society 48.1 (2020).
- Review of Adrienne Rose Bitar’s Diet and the Disease of Civilization. (Rutgers UP 2018) in Utopian Studies 29.2 (2018).
- Review of Mark Sundeen’s The Unsettlers: In Search of the Good Life in Today’s America. (Riverhead 2016) in Communal Societies 37.1 (2017).